At Enviroliance we believe in keeping our clients up to date with current relevant industry guidance and information. Public Health England run a Legionnaires Disease Surveillance scheme which is updated on a monthly basis, available at PHE’s Full Report.
As way of a summary of this report the key updates were :
- 43 reported/ notified cases of Legionnaires Disease June 2016
- 24 confirmed cases of Legionnaires Disease June 2016
- 11 of these cases were deemed to be exposed in the community.
- 13 of the cases were deemed to be exposed while travelling abroad
- 184 – reported/ notified cases of LD since 01 Jan 2016
- 113 – Confirmed cases in England and Wales since 01 Jan 2016
- An Analysis by Region shows that
- West Midlands – In June 2016 3 cases were confirmed which brings the egions total to 19 confirmed cases for 2016
- East Midlands– In June 2016 -3 cases were confirmed which brings the regions total to 17 confirmed cases for 2016
- London – In June 2016 -3 cases were confirmed which brings the regions total to 14 confirmed cases for 2016
As an Industry we must to continue to innovate and educate our clients with regards to Legionella compliance. Since its discovery 40 years ago we have made significant steps in controlling the risks of Legionella in Water systems. We should move away from a price driven market, which encourages the market to solely be focused on speed and efficiency. A step change is required to move towards a focus on technical expertise and the experience required to competently manage and our clients water system.
If you are a client or buyer reading this please consider the risk to your reputation which improper management of water systems will lead to… ask the 113 confirmed cases above!
I’ve enclosed a few links to our website below :
If you have any questions at all I would be delighted to help.
Please get in touch on email@example.com 07852 953 942